Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gluten Free, Vegan, Sugar Free Blackberry Cornmeal Muffins

Pin It!

Photobucket

Last year we grew corn for the sole purpose of grinding to make cornmeal. I love cornmeal. Anything and everything you can make from it. I also love muffins. Who doesn't?! Now that I'm gluten, dairy, egg and sugar free, breakfasts are a bit challenging. Gone are scrambled eggs. Gone is a bowl of yummy sugary cereal. So I try to make up a quick bread or muffins each week for me to have. I'm getting tired of banana & zucchini bread so I was sifting through my recipes and found this oldie but goodie and adapted it to my dietary needs. I know a lot of you also have certain restrictions so here's my recipe to share and you can add and replace to fit you. Enjoy!

Blackberry Cornmeal Muffins
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
1 cup agave nectar
2 egg replacers (Ener-g or flax meal)
1/4 cup orange or berry juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
2/3 cup corn meal
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup berries
Cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 375. Beat the butter with the agave in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg replacers, juice and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix the flour, corn meal and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just blended. Fold in berries. Lightly grease muffin cups or use liners. Fill about two-thirds full. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment