Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Monday, On the World Wide Web

Pin It!

I get asked a lot where I find my inspiration for pulling together weekly meals. I think the question of "What's for dinner tonight?" is the bane of any adults existence. Not only that but, if you have children, what will they eat that we can enjoy also?

The answer to finding inspiration is simple: look everywhere!

I've told you about my obsession with iPhone food apps, well, admittedly, apps in general (but more on that later this week). I've mentioned some books I have around. But I also use the good ol' www for most of my searching and researching.

And I do a lot of it.

Any time I see something that seems realistic in me making, I'll bookmark it, Pin it, or favorite it.

Today I'm going to hand over my interweb-arsenal to you, with a recipe from each of my most visited seven sites.

*Note*: For those who have food allergies, are vegan or gluten intolerant, I will post all of my favorites for those sites in a few weeks.

Here's to you also being inspired and breaking out of a possible weekly rut.
  • Epicurious' Everyday Cooking: This site is handy because it gives you dinner ideas for Monday through Friday, with side dishes and dessert. Complete meals! They include a shopping list for all the recipes and can be saved to your phone for easy shopping.
  • Honey & Jam: Hannah takes beautifully rustic pictures of wonderful food. She's passionate about what she does and it shows.
  • Joy the Baker: Joy is a hilariously, amazing chef. The end.
  • Not Without Salt: Ashley is a beautiful person sharing her family and food. Her pictures are simply amazing and every recipe makes me want to lick my computer screen.
  • Shutterbean: Tracy seems like the sweetest, most down to earth person, who's cooking and photographic skills reflect this. Join her on her journey of eating and cooking through life.
  • Smitten Kitchen: Deb makes the most updated of comfort foods which will have you coming back each week, ready for more.
  • Weekly Greens: A fantastically new site to me. Each week Alicia focuses on one ingredient and how to cook with it in new and creative ways. She gives you a weekly meal plan and grocery list! How simple is that!

Photobucket
{m: hasselback potatoes with spinach cashew pesto, t: grilled halloumi with grapes, walnuts and rosemary
w: grilled chicken and peaches with chipotle peach dressing, th: greek nachos, f: roasted tomato soup
sa: corn zucchini lime pizza, su: beef chili + sour cream and cheddar biscuits}

No comments:

Post a Comment