Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Meet Sedae

Pin It!

Our daughter, Sedae (pronounced Se-day), was born May 20, 2010 at 5:55pm, weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 21 inches long. She was 10 days past her due date and let me tell you, it was the longest 2 weeks of our lives!
The morning of the 20th, we finally called in to our midwives and said "you need to get this baby out today!" They agreed, but still wanted to proceed with the least invasive measures first. So, I had to drink castor oil, again. It took a couple hours for it to take effect and were seeing the same results as last time, mild contractions that were starting to stall out. So we put Tayden down for his nap, called Rich's sister Bekah over to stay with him, and we, along with my sister Lori, headed to Motherwise to get this baby out. Little did we know what we were in for next!
Photobucket
We decided that the next step would be to break my water, and give her the little nudge I knew she needed. My biggest concern this time around was staying hydrated & not getting too drained so I was downing the vitamin water & eating an apple as they broke my water. We were all so calm and laughing, having a great time. My main midwife, Christyn, left to go home really quick since everything was progressing normal. Next thing I know, the contractions get fierce and fast. About 30 minutes after they broke my water I was in the hallway and knew she was coming...and no one believed me! Sure enough, she was crowning! They quick called Christyn to get back and she came flying in, sunglasses still on top of her head, and caught Sedae. I think it was about 3 pushes and she was out. 55 minute labor. I'd have these all day long. Just kidding.
We instantly bonded and it was the most amazing feeling. I missed that with Tayden because he was on oxygen immediately after. I had slight tearing this time around too, with her coming so fast. Tayden came about an hour after she was born to meet his, at that point, still nameless "baby sister" (we didn't have a name chosen for about a week after she was born!).
Photobucket
We ordered burgers, fries and shakes again, same as after Tayden came (because nothing sounds better), and just enjoyed our new family of four. As family came to visit, and left, we also headed home about four hours after she was born.
Photobucket
It was an amazing second time around and wouldn't change a thing about it, or her.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment