Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Pin It!

I've been scouring the internet looking for a good but easy gluten free, egg free pumpkin bread recipe. Come to realize, I didn't have to look much further than my cupboard. Found a recipe from Rich's Aunt for her famous pumpkin bread. So with a couple revisions, I was nervous for the outcome but it turned out great. That's the sign of a good recipe: you can tweak it and it's still delish.

Photobucket


Pumpkin Bread

Dry ingredients:
1 2/3 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill mix)
1 1/4 cup sugar (or whatever sweetener you use)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Wet ingredients:
2 tablespoons ground flax meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water (allow to sit for a minute)
1/2 cup oil
1 cup canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan (I did a bundt just to mix it up!) with non-stick spray.

In medium bowl sift together dry ingredients. Add nuts and mix well.

In a large bowl combine wet ingredients until blended. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until blended.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment