Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Can You Do With Paint Chips?

Pin It!

While some people I know have already put away their fall decor to make way for Christmas (you can't hide, you know who you are), I am still addicted to making the Thanksgiving party we have coming up, look complete.

I went and picked up some paint chips that coordinate with this years Thanksgiving color scheme and thought I'd see what I could come up with for easy, free decorations.

Photobucket

I started with a fun little tree to frame.

Photobucket

I spray painted a piece of cardboard white, cut out a trunk and some leaves, glued them, stuck it in an 8x10 frame and voilĂ !

Photobucket

I had so much left over that I made this little banner to adorn our fireplace. I used the free printables I stumbled onto over at it is what it is, used some turkey cutouts I've hung onto for eons, grommeted away, strung together and here's the final product.

Photobucket


Cute, fun, used up a bunch of stuff I had lying around and did it all for free! Now my decorations are complete. I'm off to finalize the menu...

2 comments:

  1. Coolest idea! In college we would walk into Home Depot and walk out with just about 50 million paint chips for school projects, but this one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I love that you used the tags to make a banner--so clever! And the tree artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete