Monday, June 6, 2011

Menu Monday

Pin It!

I love my iPhone. My husband thinks I'm insane for the amount of apps I have. He gets stressed out just looking at my home screen. But it makes total sense to me, and I use everything on there. Especially those in my food folder. It's my lifeline on the go. When I don't have the time to sit down at the computer to look a recipe up. Or in the kitchen while preparing a meal.


Photobucket

Most of the recipes for this week come from these apps. So I wanted to share with you what I use. For you to also have at all times. Most of them are free too. Bonus! If you're reading this on your iPhone or iPad, click on the links to take you straight to the download.
  • Epicurious: FREE. A great app with shopping list option.
  • Tastebook: FREE. Millions of recipes from top sites like AllRecipes, Better Homes & Garden, Bon Appetit, Food Network, etc.
  • SparkRecipes: FREE. Healthy recipes for all dietary needs. Home cook recipes.
  • FoodFaves: FREE. Rachael Ray's Everyday Food Faves.
  • Essentials: $4.99. From Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Cookbook, it gives you all the essentials for how to make, well, everything! 
  • AllRecipes: FREE. If you're familiar with their website, you can find almost any recipe you could ever dream of.
  • Crock-Pot: FREE. Great recipes for the ol' crock-pot.
  • Whole Foods: FREE. All that you love about the store, wrapped into recipes at your fingertips.
  • Cook's: FREE. Just like the Cook's Illustrated magazine. Find dinner for tonight easily.
  • Simply Organic: FREE. The Simply Organic brand supplying you with great recipes to eat a more organic diet.
  • Jamie Oliver: $7.99. Twenty minute meals with gorgeous pictures, videos and stories. There is a free starter pack to get a sense of what it includes.

Photobucket
Click here for the recipes: m, w, th, f, sa, su

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Rich, your home screen stresses me out. I'll bet Ash will have more than one of those cooking apps by the end of the day though.

    ReplyDelete