Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week One, Day One

Pin It!

I started back with my lifesaver Jim Wilkens, DC, CCSP with Nutrition Response Testing. NRT is basically developing an individual nutrition program. Instead of typical Western medicine that gives you a diagnosis then treats these symptoms, NRT works with analyzing and then developing your individual program in order to eliminate the stresses your body is feeling.

I was "diagnosed" 2 years ago with Hashimoto's Thyroditis and Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. I started treatment with a variety of doctors. It wasn't until I started seeing Jim though, that I actually started seeing change. He determined the foods and environmental stresses my body was reacting to and we slowly started eliminating these. He also tweaked with supplements weekly to what my body either needed or didn't any more. The effects I was experiencing from my under-active thyroid changed almost immediately. I lost about 40 lbs. in 3 months and my energy was back! I felt like my body was telling me "drop this excess weight". As soon as I started doing the right things, it just melted off. The other problem we were having was with getting pregnant. I'd had a miscarriage the year prior and spent the rest of that year trying to get pregnant. After starting the NRT, I got pregnant in 2 months with Tayden.

Once pregnant, I admittedly stopped going. I wanted to start eating cheese and chocolate again! But to my avail, my gallbladder started acting up and at 20 weeks pregnant, had to have it removed. Dang! Shoulda stayed with it.

Now, Tayden's here and by God's good grace healthy after all that, but I'm not. I could tell my thyroid has been off again and see it in my daily life with the extreme lack of energy and inability to drop this baby weight no matter what I try. Not to mention, we want to get pregnant again but my body's all out of whack.

Enter Jim to the rescue! We found that while my thyroid and adrenals were showing signs of stress, my most dominant was the ovaries. So we're starting with that. Yeah!! I, as of yesterday, can no longer have wheat, sugar (that's a biggie), preservatives or any foods with artificial coloring. Those are the 4 that are negatively affecting me the most right now. I'm also taking supplements that are working for my body.

I will keep you all posted on my progress as we go. Also, as a side note, when I started this 2 years ago my sister-in-law joined me in my dietary restrictions and she also dropped a ton of weight. So, follow along if you'd like (or better, go see Jim)...starting now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl~

    This sounds really interesting! I am going to look into it.

    So, Kyle told me he ran into you at YPN. I saw Rich last Wed at MLS too! I miss talking to you. We should go to coffee sometime and catch up.
    Talk soon! Love, Andrea

    P.S. - I have your blog linked to mine now! :)

    ReplyDelete